Call us for a Free Consulation


Without a Will

When someone dies without a Will, they are said to have died intestate and their property is distributed in accordance with The Intestate succession Act. This legislation does not give consideration to the wishes of the deceased.

In situations such as these, a beneficiary, next of kin or other interested person can apply to the Court for authorization to act as an Administrator of the estate.

Individual circumstances can vary significantly, it is strongly advised that you speak with a qualified Estate Law lawyer at an early stage. In an initial consultation at MacKay and McLean, you will receive a complete, general orientation as to the legal, practical and personal implications of your specific circumstances.

Laugh and the World Laughs...

Q: What do you call a lawyer gone bad?

A: "Your honor."